DEWA completes 82% of M-Station expansion, Construction on Dubai’s $3.1bn (AED11.5bn) M-Station electricity and desalination plant has reached 82% completion, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has announced. Located in Jebel Ali, most of the civil work of the expansion has been completed, with 10.9 million safe man-hours recorded without any injuries to date. M-Station is the newest and largest electricity generation and water desalination plant in the UAE, with a urrent total capacity of 2,185MW of electricity and 140 million imperial gallons of desalinated water per day (MIGD). HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD & CEO of DEWA reviewed the progress of the M-Station expansion, and was briefed by Siemens’ representatives on the construction, engineering, and operational progress of the project. Working alongside DEWA since 2015, Siemens has invested $1.6bn (AED6.2bn) to generate 2,185MW of electricity from 6 gas turbines (F-model), with a capacity of 255MW for each unit, six boilers for waste-heat recovery, and three steam turbines with a capacity of 218MW each. The expansion project has been implemented in phases since mid-2010. The station’s total capacity will reach 2,885MW when the project is completed in Q3 2018. The expansion includes the provision of new power generating units, adding 700MW to the installed generation capacity of M-Station. The project will also include the addition of two dual-fuel gas turbine generators, two heat-recovery steam boilers, and a steam turbine that is 90%-fuel-efficient. This will increase the plant’s thermal efficiency from 82.4% to 85.8%, which is one of the highest thermal-efficiency rates in the world.
- After La Niña, there will be another drought in Aus. Probably worse than previous ones. How is the govt preparing the country for such an event? There is one operating desalination plant here, able to supply 27% SEQ (not considering migration). #auspol #ClimateEmergency 16. August 2022 h_81
- 2/3 of our planet is covered in water. Desalination plants work on passenger vessels and land. Since 1991 there have been no new Reservoirs in the UK. How many have been closed? Key National Infrastructure should not be run for Private profit.@Keir_Starmer 16. August 2022 SteveMcKennay
- It would be a solution for England that Wales would pay the price for! It really is time to galvanise the effort towards #indyWales before we have another valley flooded for the benefit of our Westminster neighbours! They can begin building desalination plants around S.East! 16. August 2022 linds_dreamer
- Trockenheit in BW: Darf man Trinkwasser noch zum Gießen verwenden? 16. August 2022
- Schollbrunn: Gesundheitsamt erlässt Abkochgebot für Trinkwasser - das gilt ab heute 16. August 2022
- Pattensen: Trinkwasser wird teurer - Kämmerin kündigt Preiserhöhung an 16. August 2022
- 166 Kommunen betroffen: Trinkwasser wird in den Landkreisen Würzburg, Schweinfurt und Kitzingen teurer 16. August 2022