The Jordan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) has signed a MoU with Rolls-Royce to conduct a technical feasibility study to build a Small Modular Reactor (SMR) program for power generation and water desalination in the Kingdom, the JAEC said Friday. The MoU provides for cooperation between the two sides to identify technical, economic, financial and safety factors for building the 440-Megawatt SMR program, the Jordan News Agency (Petra) quoted JAEC Deputy Chairman Kamal Al-A’raj as saying. Al-A’raj signed the memo with Director Strategy and Business Development at Rolls-Royce Alan Woods in the British embassy in Paris. JAEC Chairman Khale Toukan told Petra today that the memo is of great importance and it comes within Jordan’s endeavors to add nuclear power to the Kingdom’s energy mix. He said Rolls-Royce champions a British consortium to design the SMRs, which are low cost and reduce carbon emission. In October 2013, the Jordanian government said that it had contracted Russia’s Rosatom to build the Kingdom’s first two nuclear reactors, 1000-Watt each. They are expected to be operational by 2022.
- California governor pushes desalination, rain capture, cutting red tape as state dries up | Just The News https://t.co/mVkFEFncf9 12. August 2022 jsolomonReports
- What is the expected contracted quantity of seawater desalination capacity for 2022? Register now at #FDIConf to co-create the future of #desalination https://t.co/qwHaA6BTK3 https://t.co/oQ2tgCYfoW 12. August 2022 FDIConf
- @Hudsonweather Time to unpack the #desalination plant and use some of that water coming from them melting #glaciers. 12. August 2022 rdnewsham
- Verunreinigtes Trinkwasser im Landkreis Rhön-Grabfeld: Wo noch gechlort wird und wo die Qualität wieder stimmt 12. August 2022
- Regierung will Gratis-Trinkwasser für die Bürger – was macht Hildesheim? 11. August 2022
- Es gibt "bisher keine Rationierungen" beim Trinkwasser 11. August 2022
- Dreieich steuert auf Trinkwasser-Notstand zu 11. August 2022