The Jordan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) has signed a MoU with Rolls-Royce to conduct a technical feasibility study to build a Small Modular Reactor (SMR) program for power generation and water desalination in the Kingdom, the JAEC said Friday. The MoU provides for cooperation between the two sides to identify technical, economic, financial and safety factors for building the 440-Megawatt SMR program, the Jordan News Agency (Petra) quoted JAEC Deputy Chairman Kamal Al-A’raj as saying. Al-A’raj signed the memo with Director Strategy and Business Development at Rolls-Royce Alan Woods in the British embassy in Paris. JAEC Chairman Khale Toukan told Petra today that the memo is of great importance and it comes within Jordan’s endeavors to add nuclear power to the Kingdom’s energy mix. He said Rolls-Royce champions a British consortium to design the SMRs, which are low cost and reduce carbon emission. In October 2013, the Jordanian government said that it had contracted Russia’s Rosatom to build the Kingdom’s first two nuclear reactors, 1000-Watt each. They are expected to be operational by 2022.
- Instead of boondoggle irs, 80 billion for desalination plants to increase water supplies would have made sense .. 18. August 2022 PDSKNOWSITALL
- Water - Getting the water from one location to another. Sponges. Lake fresh water or sea beach ocean water. Home desalination membranes - Water treatment access points - temporarily swimming pools. https://t.co/LlpuZuEsfr 18. August 2022 JuSaNOthRGurL
- Thames Water hose pipe ban from the 24th of August but if they fixed all the leaks and opened the desalination plant at Beckton we wouldn't need the ban. There's been a leak at Orpington station for over a week now. https://t.co/lKr8eq2y6B 18. August 2022 GentlemanGeorge
- Schon wieder Keime gefunden: Erneute Abkochverfügung für Trinkwasser in Hausham 18. August 2022
- Versorgung mit Trinkwasser gefährdet 18. August 2022
- Gratis-Trinkwasser als Rettung in der Hitze 18. August 2022
- Rohrbruch: Teile von Altenburg-Nord für mehrere Stunden ohne Trinkwasser 18. August 2022