MXene, a new series of 2D material, has been steadily advancing its applications to a variety of fields, such as catalysis, supercapacitor, molecular separation, electromagnetic wave interference shielding. This work reports a carefully designed aqueous droplet light heating system along with a thorough mathematical procedure, which combined leads to a precise determination of internal light-to-heat conversion efficiency of a variety of nanomaterials. The internal light-to-heat conversion efficiency of MXene, more specifically Ti3C2, was measured to be 100%, indicating a perfect energy conversion. Furthermore, a self-floating MXene thin membrane was prepared by simple vacuum filtration and the membrane, in the presence of a rationally chosen heat barrier, produced a light-to-water-evaporation efficiency of 84% under one sun irradiation, which is among the state of art energy efficiency for similar photothermal evaporation system. The outstanding internal light-to-heat conversion efficiency and great light-to-water evaporation efficiency reported in this work suggest that MXene is a very promising light-to-heat conversion material and thus deserves more research attention toward practical applications.
- Israel will pump desalination seawater from the Mediterranean to replenish the so-called Sea of Galilee (which is actually a freshwater lake). https://t.co/3egqR7t7oK 19. August 2022 stukhan
- Instead of boondoggle irs, 80 billion for desalination plants to increase water supplies would have made sense .. 18. August 2022 PDSKNOWSITALL
- Water - Getting the water from one location to another. Sponges. Lake fresh water or sea beach ocean water. Home desalination membranes - Water treatment access points - temporarily swimming pools. https://t.co/LlpuZuEsfr 18. August 2022 JuSaNOthRGurL
- Kampf um das Trinkwasser 19. August 2022
- Trinkwasser in Franken wird teurer: Preiserhöhung wegen Trockenheit und Klimawandel 19. August 2022
- Mikro-Verunreinigungen: Belkaw chlort Trinkwasser im Süden von Bergisch Gladbach 19. August 2022
- Verunreinigungen: Trinkwasser in Bergisch Gladbach wird gechlort 19. August 2022