Spain has granted Morocco 14.3 million U.S. dollars in loan to finance seawater desalination project, local media reported on Saturday. The project consists of planning and setting up a factory for seawater desalination, which will supply water to the northeastern provinces of Al Hoceima and Nador, the financial daily L’Economiste pointed out. The factory will be built by the Spanish company of Tedagua, the same source noted. Morocco is witnessing an increasing demand for drinking water as the country went through severe drought in 2015. To ensure the country’s water security, the Moroccan government worked in 2015 a National Water Plan which aims at providing universal access to drinking water, improving the output of drinking water supply networks and water use efficiency. It also seeks to enhance water storage, boost desalination projects, encourage the reuse of treated wastewater, and the possibility of transferring water from areas having excess to those suffering shortage.
- After La Niña, there will be another drought in Aus. Probably worse than previous ones. How is the govt preparing the country for such an event? There is one operating desalination plant here, able to supply 27% SEQ (not considering migration). #auspol #ClimateEmergency 16. August 2022 h_81
- 2/3 of our planet is covered in water. Desalination plants work on passenger vessels and land. Since 1991 there have been no new Reservoirs in the UK. How many have been closed? Key National Infrastructure should not be run for Private profit.@Keir_Starmer 16. August 2022 SteveMcKennay
- It would be a solution for England that Wales would pay the price for! It really is time to galvanise the effort towards #indyWales before we have another valley flooded for the benefit of our Westminster neighbours! They can begin building desalination plants around S.East! 16. August 2022 linds_dreamer
- Trockenheit in BW: Darf man Trinkwasser noch zum Gießen verwenden? 16. August 2022
- Schollbrunn: Gesundheitsamt erlässt Abkochgebot für Trinkwasser - das gilt ab heute 16. August 2022
- Pattensen: Trinkwasser wird teurer - Kämmerin kündigt Preiserhöhung an 16. August 2022
- 166 Kommunen betroffen: Trinkwasser wird in den Landkreisen Würzburg, Schweinfurt und Kitzingen teurer 16. August 2022