The global water desalination equipment market value is anticipated to reach USD 25.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for water, increasing water need in industries, and rising population are expected to influence product demand over the forecast period.
- The global demand for water desalination equipment was USD 11.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 9.1% from 2017 to 2025
- Sea water was the biggest source for water desalination while accounting for over 67% of the total revenue in 2016
- Municipal was the largest application segment for desalination equipment with a demand of over USD 5 billion in 2016
- The Middle East and Africa is expected to be the largest regional market with a projected demand of around USD 10 billion by 2025
- The industry is dominated by a few multinational corporations such as GE corporation and Doosan Heavy and Construction with significant presence across the value chain
- Companies are moving towards strategic mergers and acquisition to increase their international presence and gain significant market share.