The global water desalination equipment market value is anticipated to reach USD 25.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for water, increasing water need in industries, and rising population are expected to influence product demand over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global demand for water desalination equipment was USD 11.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 9.1% from 2017 to 2025
- Sea water was the biggest source for water desalination while accounting for over 67% of the total revenue in 2016
- Municipal was the largest application segment for desalination equipment with a demand of over USD 5 billion in 2016
- The Middle East and Africa is expected to be the largest regional market with a projected demand of around USD 10 billion by 2025
- The industry is dominated by a few multinational corporations such as GE corporation and Doosan Heavy and Construction with significant presence across the value chain
- Companies are moving towards strategic mergers and acquisition to increase their international presence and gain significant market share.